Thursday, January 10, 2008

Whatch U Tonkin 'bout Willis?

OK, I'm no conspiracy buff (but really, can you be a "buff" of conspiracies? Wouldn't you be more of a conspiracy...monger...zealot...or even devotee?)...wait, where was I? Oh yes. I don't normally buy into conspiracies, especially the governmental kind (here's another aside. Who put the "mental" in "Governmental?")

OK, I've totally lost my point. So now I'll go directly to the post. A group called "The Federation of American Scientists" has just put out a press release claiming that they have proof the the Gulf of Tonkin Incident never happened.

Says Steven Aftergood,
What this study demonstrated is that the available intelligence shows that there was no attack. It's a dramatic reversal of the historical record.
OK, OK, I admit it. I don't have a larger point to this post. I just thought of the headline when I read the article and had to use it. I also liked "Jive Tonkin."

Maybe I should just quit now and go to work for the National Enquirer?

No comments: